Upcoming Courses & Events
- This event has passed.
Durham Chapter Meeting
November 14, 2023 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST
Declutter Risk: Insurance Needs for Professional Organizers
- Main meeting: 7:00-8:30pm
- Chapter-only business: 8:30-9:00pm
Free for POC members + $20 for guests
Online via Google Meet
Please submit your RSVP no later than 5pm on Friday, November 10, 2023 to email@example.com. The Google Meet link will be sent in advance of the meeting to the email used for submission of your RSVP, unless otherwise requested.
Main Meeting: Speaker Bio + Presentation Overview
Jayesh Asher has been in the insurance industry for over 20 years and is a chapter speaker favourite! He has a license for home insurance, auto insurance, commercial insurance, travel insurance as well as life insurance. Jayesh has worked in a variety of roles including sales, service, business analysis, broker support and more. He has gathered ample experience to know how to educate clients on the coverages needed. Jayesh never compromises coverage for premiums; he has an eye to find best coverage at the best price which makes him the broker that works for you.
Backed by the amazing BIG team (Insurance Business Canada’s #1 Brokerage 2019), Jayesh is always excited and ready to serve Ontarians.
While not busy delivering the best insurance service to his clients, Jayesh is a devoted family man with a wonderful wife and 3 girls. He enjoys spending time with family, loves to grill and have a nice cold beer.
I am honored to return and continue our deep dive into commercial/business insurance. This year, we will have a guest speaker from one of top insurance carriers and he will provide some valuable insights. Our goal is to cater this presentation exclusively towards members of Professional Organizers in Canada.
We will cover the following topics:
- What kind of commercial/business insurance do you need?
- Are you running a proprietorship, a partnership or a corporation? Why does it matter?
- What are the recommended Liability Limits?
- What is Cyber Insurance? Why is it important to have cyber coverage?
- If you use sub-contractors – What is your responsibility to your client? Can they be covered under your policy?
- Can other related business be covered under the same policy? (Design, Décor, Minor renos, etc)
Most common Insurance questions:
- What can you do to keep costs down / make insurance affordable?
- What kinds of variables go into calculating the rate? What influence does the insured have over those variables?
- Does location impact your coverage? Your rate?
- Are there any risks the insured might want to forego coverage? E.g. they perceive the claim too small or the risk exceptionally unlikely
- I’ve heard that if I make a claim my rates will go through the roof or my policy won’t be renewed. Is this true?
- Open floor for Q&A – Keep your questions ready, big or small, simple or complex
Chapter-only business: For Durham members only where we share and connect on matters relating to our operations.