BC Lower Mainland
Who We Are
The BC Lower Mainland Chapter of POC, founded in 2003, is strong on enthusiasm, has passion for organizing as a profession, and is committed to furnishing the educational tools to ensure members’ success.
The BC Lower Mainland Chapter covers the Lower Mainland of Vancouver where the majority of the members reside. This area includes: Vancouver, New Westminster, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, Surrey, Coquitlam, White Rock, Langley, Delta and Abbotsford. However, we have additional members in the interior of BC.
- Foster a welcoming environment for networking and information sharing
- Supply access to local resources that support our work with clients
- Provide an educational forum where both experienced and novice organizers can learn to develop strong businesses
- Develop community awareness of the benefits of employing professional organizers
Monthly Chapter Meetings
Our meetings are well-attended due to the quality of the programs and presenters. Not only do we bring in outside speakers but we utilize the talent within our organization to facilitate round-tables that promote member participation. We also plan visits to local suppliers and host 2 social events per year. In 2007, the chapter hosted the first National POC conference to be held in Western Canada
Our meetings run for 2 hours and 30 minutes on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, starting at 6:15 PM. We begin each meeting with open networking and opportunities for new and experienced members to mingle, grab refreshments or review our resource table.
Meeting proceedings start promptly at 6:50 pm and generally after some short announcements, our first order of business is our featured presentation. We encourage all members and guests to come early as to not miss out on the presentation highlights. Our meeting agendas include a variety of networking, chapter business, announcements, guest speakers and new member’s orientation sessions. We welcome members and guests.
Christine Sinclair Community Centre
3713 Kensington Ave, Burnaby BC
* Location subject to change. Please RSVP in advance to save your spot and confirm meeting location.
Our meetings are free for POC members, with a $20 fee for guests. We accept cash or cheques and receipts will be provided.
You can contact our Chapter Communications Coordinator at email@example.com.
Meet our POC BC Lower Mainland (BCLM) Chapter Executive
Note: the term of Executive Committee members shall be two years from the date of the election or of having volunteered, except for the Past chair role, which will be a one-year term with the option to continue for a 2nd year if needed. No member may hold the same Chapter Executive position for more than two consecutive terms (four years). After filling a Chapter Executive position for two terms, the executive member must step down from that position for at least one year.*
* If you would like to take your business to a new level and play a part in our ever-evolving industry, join us! There is always room at all levels for passionate individuals to bring their unique experiences to the mix!
To receive our monthly chapter updates and meeting invitations, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chapter Meeting – Sep 19, 2023 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Oct 26, 2023 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Nov 21, 2023 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Christmas Party – Dec 5, 2023 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Jan 16, 2024 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Feb 20, 2024 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Mar 20, 2024 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting & AGM – Apr 16, 2024 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Jun 18, 2024 6:00pm – 8:00pm