Who We Are
With over 100 members, we’re proud to be Canada’s largest and longest standing professional organizing chapter. In 1999, when professional organizing was a relatively new industry, eight organizers gathered to create an environment where professional organizers could collaborate, learn and share. This collective vision would ultimately become the catalyst for the formation of POC.
The Toronto Chapter membership catchment area includes all of the Greater Toronto Area and municipalities (Scarborough, York, East York, North York, Etobicoke, Toronto) and occasionally draws members from Mississauga and Vaughan.
Find an Organizer in Toronto
Our Toronto members are organizational pros with a knack for taming that closet clutter and calming that office chaos. Our diverse membership includes talented professionals such as: residential and office organizers, corporate consultants, home stagers and redesigners, wardrobe consultants, moving coordinators, concierge services, virtual assistants, life transition coaches and specialists in chronic disorganization and hoarding.
To help you take on your organizational challenge and lead your best life, find an organizer in Toronto to serve you.
Our Commitment to You
Whether you are a senior organizer or just starting out, we are committed to:
- Delivering informative, educational and inspirational monthly meetings.
- Organizing social events and outings designed to promote interaction, networking and job opportunities.
- Welcoming new members with a free orientation session.
- Continuing to build upon our annual Professional Development Day.
- Increasing marketing and promotional opportunities for our members.
If you would like to learn more about the world of professional organizing, we would be pleased to have you join our group as a guest.
What can members and guests expect each and every month?
Networking & Socializing
From 6:00-7:00pm our organizers mingle and build friendships as well as contacts in a fun and relaxed environment.
New Member Q&A
From 6:15-6:45pm our new members can meet with a senior organizer to find out more about the Toronto Chapter and learn about the professional organizing industry.
Executive Updates & Guest Speakers
From 7:00-8:30pm, we’ll keep you up to date on the latest POC news affecting the Toronto Chapter. Each month we feature an informative speaker, and topics range from the latest industry practices and tips to how to increase your business and everything in between. Together we explore new and developing aspects of the professional organizing industry.
From 8:30-9:00pm, we wrap up, tidy up and say our goodbyes until next month.
Our meetings are usually held on the third Monday of each month. We meet in the community room on the top floor of Loblaws Forest Hill Market located at 396 St. Clair West at Bathurst. There is plenty of free onsite parking.
TTC: For organizers arriving by TTC, go to St. Clair West station and exit the subway on the north side of St. Clair and turn right (west).
There is no charge for members, but guests are required to pay a small fee of $15.
Whether you are considering a career as a professional organizer or have already launched your own company, the Toronto Chapter will provide you with the guidance and support necessary for business success. To attend a meeting as a guest or if you are a new member please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Toronto Chapter Executive
- Chair: Kim Diamond
- Past Chair: Elana Kleinman
- Vice-Chair: Edie Michel
- Secretary: Michelle Sirianni
- Treasurer: Karin Lunan
- Program Coordinator: Kathleen O’Brien
- Community Initiatives Coordinator: Rachael Stafford
- Communications Coordinator: Kate Nikalaidis
- Chapter Resources: Colette Kim
Please be advised that, until further notice, POC has cancelled ALL face-to-face chapter meetings, elections, events and/or gatherings of POC members. Any chapter that wishes to meet virtually for continuation of chapter business, including elections, workshops or just to network, are welcome to use the POC Zoom account at no charge. To book a Zoom meeting, or to see what dates and times are available for your meeting, please visit the Members Only landing page.
- Chapter Meeting – Oct 18, 2021 6:45pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Nov 22, 2021 6:45pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Holiday Party – Dec 13, 2021 6:45pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Jan 17, 2022 6:45pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Vendor Marketplace – Feb 28, 2022 6:45pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Mar 21, 2022 6:45pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Apr 11, 2022 6:45pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter PD Day – May 19, 2022 6:45pm – 8:00pm
- Chapter Meeting – Jun 20, 2022 6:45pm – 8:00pm
Considering the ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus, our Trained Professional Organizer exam set to take place at the chapter level must be canceled.
We know how hard many of you have been working to successfully complete the necessary courses to be eligible to take the exam and how disappointed you may feel. Rest assured that our objective is to safeguard the health of our organizing community and we will reschedule the exam when possible.
Wishing you all peace and good health during these trying times!