Special Interest Group – Working With Older Adults
This objective of this SIG is to support, network, and provide specialized education for POC organizers who work with seniors.
Possible meeting topics may include diversity, elder abuse, legal advice, worksite safety, home safety for seniors, and understanding of aging-related illnesses such as Parkinson’s Disease and dementia.
We intend to work with related groups such as NASMM, the Institute of Chronically Disorganized, and provincial experts on aging in the home.
Criteria of Membership
The POC member must be in business at least 2 years and have a minimum of 50% of their clientele as older adults.
Terms of eligibility:
- POC Member works with Older Adults and for their residential needs, which could include:
- moving or relocating,
- settling-in services,
- preparing a property for sale.
- POC Member shares a passion for working with older adults and the desire to learn more.
- POC Member is committed to following the POC Code of Ethics.
- We would co-facilitate virtual meetings four times per year which may include the months of Feb, April, September, and November. When and if it is convenient, we would organize an in-person meeting at the annual POC Summit.
- Each meeting would include a guest speaker who will provide relevant educational insight on their area of expertise.
Group Meeting – Nov 13, 2023 7:00pm – 8:00pm Eastern