Who We Are
The Halton-Peel chapter held its first meeting in 2005 in Burlington. Since then, we have grown to over 50 members, each with their own unique qualities, specialties and strengths.
Our meetings are held monthly. Please check our Chapter Events section below to view dates and topics.
Each meeting will bring plenty of opportunity to network, share ideas, and gain great knowledge to bring back to your organizing business. Oh, and fun . . . we like to have fun!
- 6:15pm – Newcomers’ Circle (for new members – requires a separate RSVP)
- 6:45pm – Registrations, welcome visitors, informal networking
- 7:00pm – Chair opens meeting
- 7:15pm – Presentation – Meeting topic varies each month
- 8:30pm – Networking opportunity
- 8:45pm – Meeting adjourned
All members and guests are requested to RSVP to [email protected] if they are attending the meeting.
Meetings are Free for POC members and $20 for guests.
Our regular Chapter meetings are held at Fortinos Community Room, 2515 Appleby Line, Burlington ON L7R 3X4, but it is always a good idea to check the event details for any possible changes.
Elizabeth Stefani, Chapter Chair at [email protected]
- Chair: Elizabeth Stefani
- Vice Chair: Wendy Monteith
- Treasurer: Susan Herrmann
- Program Coordinator: Denise Cutler
- Program Coordinator: Judy Rickey
- Membership Coordinator: Dianne Woodworth
- Member At Large: Christy Cummings
- Past Chair: Hilda Rodgers
Please be advised that, until further notice, POC has cancelled ALL face-to-face chapter meetings, elections, events and/or gatherings of POC members. Any chapter that wishes to meet virtually for continuation of chapter business, including elections, workshops or just to network, are welcome to use the POC Zoom account at no charge. To book a Zoom meeting, or to see what dates and times are available for your meeting, please visit the Members Only landing page.
Considering the ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus, our Trained Professional Organizer exam set to take place at the chapter level must be canceled.
We know how hard many of you have been working to successfully complete the necessary courses to be eligible to take the exam and how disappointed you may feel. Rest assured that our objective is to safeguard the health of our organizing community and we will reschedule the exam when possible.
Wishing you all peace and good health during these trying times!